Friday, December 11, 2015

Reflection on Open Letter Draft

Reviewing someone’s letter that is directed to you is like getting mail and sending it back with notes because it wasn’t good enough.  Anyhow, I ended up peer editing Austin See’s open letter and Michaela Webb’s open letter.  Now it is time to revise my final English 109H project.
Chabe01. "Apple Mail" 10/24/14 via Wikimedia.
Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 International License.
In my letter, I built the story of my growth as a writer.  I showed where I was and where I have gotten to now.  However, the story needs more argumentation and supporting facts.  I will need to rearrange my letter so that it builds on itself.  I will also need to make sure that the examples and quotes I include are not just thrown in randomly but have a purpose.  However, I do have some analysis of what genre is and how to adapt to new writing situations which shows my ability to think about my writing and what I’ve learned this year.

I used my most effective and least effective moments of the year as chances to really analyze and explain how I have grown.  I still need to work on connecting these with what I have learned to show a clear progression. 

I specifically referenced and hyperlinked to blog posts and project feedback.  I also summarized things from my own projects and project guides.  I may consider adding more hyperlinking and direct quoting if it not does detract from what I am trying to say.  I have probably enough facts, I just need to make sure each has a purpose and has an explanation as to its importance.

Both of my effective and ineffective moment have an explanation as to why I ran into those successes or failures, whether referencing what I experienced from the semester or pointing back to my writing style from high school. 


I did mention specific writing terms such as genre, revision, and planning.  However, I will need to make sure I have used these effectively as this really shows my growth as a writer.  I may also be able to go more in-depth on what I have learned about audience and purpose, or the rhetorical situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment