Sunday, September 27, 2015

Indentifying Basic Grammar Patterns

During my childhood, I became a master at picking through a salad to find the croutons and bacon bits.  Today, I improved my skills on picking through my writing to find the different grammar pieces and the various grammatical structures of my paragraphs.  Though it may not be bacon bits, here is what I found. 
W., Jeffery "A salad with bacon, chesse, and croutons" 08/01/2011
via Wikimedia.  Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.

Through the process, I realized how basic sentence structures and patterns are. There are few variations, and if one is not careful, it would be easy to fall into a trap of writing the same sentence pattern over and over again.  In light of this, I would like to add some more variety to my paragraphs, especially in the area of compound and complex sentence structures.  For a QRG, it is important not to lose the interest of the reader.  By providing different sentence patterns, my paper will hopefully keep a fresh rhythm to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment